I’ve had a real craving for all things chocolate and sea salt recently. Rather than go to a local chocolate shop to indulge in their most recent guilt ridden creation… I decided to make my own. This incredibly easy recipe requires only three ingredients and they are fairly common items that you probably already have laying around in your pantry. These tasty little bites on a lollipop stick are the perfect medium between indulgence and moderation. Who doesn’t love lollipop desserts?! Eating them is half the fun.
- 2 Cups Chocolate Chips (I used milk chocolate for this recipe)
- 3 TBSP Sea Salt
- 2 Bananas
- Additional item needed: Lollipop sticks which can be purchased at Michaels or a craft store
- Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
- Slice your bananas into 1/2 inch bites. Skewer the banana bites onto your lollipop sticks. Place the banana lollipops in the freezer for about 20 minutes to allow them to harden before being dipped into warn chocolate!
- Melt the Chocolate. Place the chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl and heat in 15 second intervals stirring between every interval until melted. (If you are like me and don’t own a microwave- you can also heat water to a bowl in a saucepan and place the chocolate chips in a bowl over the steaming water.)
- Remove the Lollipops from the freezer and dip into the warm chocolate. Lay them flat on your baking sheet again.
- Sprinkle with Sea Salt to your preference.
- Place the Banana Lollipops back into the freezer for another 20 minutes.
- Voila! They’re ready to be enjoyed. This makes about 8 lollipops depending on how many bites you place on each stick.
You can store these goodies in your freezer for up to 2 months. Note: you will need to allow them to thaw for a few minutes before consuming.
Tip: Alternatively, you can use dark baking chocolate to make these bad boys Paleo friendly.
Follow me on Instagram (@marthagraceb) and tag #rootandrevelry so I can see how they turn out for you!