The search is over. The winner for best cheese to enter your life is….burrata. A semi-soft Italian cheese very similar to mozzarella but with an added filling of cream. Add this to some roasted figs with balsamic and you’re golden.
It was a weeknight and I was flying solo for dinner so I decided to do something with the burrata I had in the fridge. I love small plate restaurants or getting a bunch of appetizers to share for the table for dinner. So when the opportunity arises for me to make myself a bunch of appetizers for dinner, I jump on it. Now I wish I could say I always have fresh figs on hand but truth be told, I’m not that fancy. I also believe my mind is always subliminally looking for a valid reason to go to Trader Joe’s.
Before I knew it was enjoying these tasty treats with a glass of wine and a new Netflix series and I couldn’t be happier. This recipe is amazing because it only calls for a few ingredients, it is simple to make and the results are pure heaven on bread. Enjoy!
- 10 California Black Figs
- Burrata Cheese
- 20 Crostini
- Balsamic Glaze
- Heat oven to 350 and lightly grease your baking dish. (I use EVOO)
- Cut Figs lengthwise, drizzle with some honey and sprinkle with brown sugar.
- Place the glazed figs in a baking dish and bake for 25 minutes.
- While the figs are baking, grab the crostini and burrata.
- Cut the burrata in slices and place on the crostini (make sure you get some filling!)
- Once the Figs are done roasting, remove from oven and place on the burrata topped crostini.
- Top with a drizzle of Balsamic Glaze & Honey.