This recipe takes a few simple ingredients in one sauté pan and leaves you with this pescatarian, paleo-friendly and low carb dish! It is so simple it’s almost guaranteed to become a staple recipe in your kitchen. I love making it as a weeknight dinner because the total prep + cook time is only 20 minutes. I always use fresh shrimp from the grocery store but you can also keep some frozen shrimp in your freezer for a quick thaw, prep and serve situation.
A spiral vegetable slicer or mandolin slicer is not something everyone currently has in their kitchen but I swear it’s worth the investment. Switching from pasta/heavy carb dishes to this healthy and light veggie substitute was life changing. It tricks your mind into thinking you’re indulging in a heavy pasta dish when really you’re doing your body good and treating it to some wholesome veggies.
Look at this pretty zucchini all ribboned and ready to eat! It doesn’t get any easier for a naturally gluten-free and grain-free pasta substitute.
- 3 Zucchini
- 4 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 6 minced Garlic Clove (you can reduce to 4 if you don’t live garlic as much as I do)
- 1 Pound large peeled Raw Shrimp
- Sea Salt (I use Celtic Sea Salt)
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 1 Freshly Squeezed Lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon Paprika
- Cut off the ends of the Zucchini. Using your Spiral Vegetable Slicer or Mandolin Slicer, make your zucchini into noodles. Zoodles, if you insist 🙂
- Heat 2 Tbsp. of the olive oil in a large nonstick pan over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook for about a minute or until slightly browned and fragrant.
- Toss in the shrimp and add salt and pepper to taste. Saute the shrimp until they have turned slightly pink, usually about 4-5 minutes. Remove from pan and reserve for later.
- Add the remains 2 tbsp. of olive oil to the pan over medium heat. Once warmed, add the zucchini noodles and season with salt, pepper, and paprika. Cook for 2 minutes. NOTE: do not overcook the zucchini noodles because they start to get soggy from the water they will naturally emit.
- Remove from heat and add the reserved shrimp. Sprinkle with lemon juice and top with a bit more salt and pepper to taste.
- Toss everything together to combine. Enjoy!
Who’s excited for Meatless Monday?!